Couples therapy has advantages and disadvantages:
● It helps partners work through structural issues, such as recurring fights, unfinished incidents, or emotional distance.
● It takes relationships to the next level. It creates space for more intimacy, more fun, better communication and a deeper connection.
● It opens up the heart. Not showing emotions can be exhausting and creates distance, which in turn makes it harder to share feelings.
● It increases well-being. Relationship problems can lead to worries, stress, sleep problems and unhealthy habits. Strong relationships actually help you live longer and healthier.
● The disadvantage is that couples therapy costs time, money and energy, can be challenging and requires self-reflection. Couples that avoid therapy because of this, can see their problems escalate.
Couples therapy with two therapists
We – Fleur and Ilja – work as a couple with couples. The devotion and affection we have for each other provides a safe and inspiring foundation for couples that struggle.
Also, we are more effective together than on our own. Our skills and approaches complement each other, and we bring a masculine and feminine perspective to the table. Outside of the session we work to ensure that the couples and individual sessions are aligned.
At the same time, we bring our individual gifts. Fleur is musical, gentle and adaptive, Ilja has a keen sense of language and is grounded and firm. Fleur is inspired by the work of Gurdjieff and Rudolf Steiner and is training in eurythmy. Ilja is inspired by the Japanese martial art Aikido. Read more about us.